You are sending a link to...
Brentwood, TN Real Estate|.Sellers & Curb Appeal
Don’t let that buyer drive away! The importance of curb appeal…
Perspective buyers often get their first impression of your home from an online photo or driving through desirable neighborhoods. Not only here in Brentwood, TN; but also nationally, 90 percent of home buyers searched online during their home buying process, according to the National Association of Realtors. That means what they see on the outside is a large factor in whether or not they desire to see the inside. It affects the perceived value of your home and can drastically hurt your homes chances of being shown. Don’t become complacent and think that buyers have the vision needed to see your house in its best light, if it needs major TLC. Also keep in mind that many of the people who say they would consider a fixer-upper quickly change their mind when real life estimates for repair are recognized.
Over the next few days we’ll take a look at the good, the bad and the ugly of curb appeal and what can be done on all budget levels.
Curb Appeal Do’s:
- Wash your house – eliminate any mold or fungus growing on siding or trim.
- Trim & windows – don’t leave peeling paint exposed. Scrape, sand and paint any trouble areas.
- Gutter trouble- fallen gutters and weeds growing out shout, “lack of maintenance”!
- Chimney & roofs – inspect to ensure there are no trouble spots with missing shingles, repair loose mortar in the bricks. If they are in serious disrepair it will give buyers more negotiating power.
- Front door – does it need a little updating to a more modern look or a fresh coat of paint?
- Lighting – make sure all exterior lights work, replace bulbs and even consider add landscaping lighting to highlight flower beds, trees and architecture.
- Mailbox – changing the mailbox from a deteriorated, wobbly, or faded box dramatically improves the appearance and can cost as little as $40 – $50.
- Don’t forget the shed – it often becomes the drop off point for unwanted household and yard items and is crawling with bugs /pests. Clean it up, toss out the trash and show off to buyers what an asset it is to the property.
- Outdoor Features- proper maintenance of pools and outdoor living spaces ease the buyer’s mind that they aren’t walking into a potential hidden repair nightmare.
- Garage Doors – make sure they lift and close properly and have all maintenance done early and clean and repair any broken glass.