Almost every person wishes to own their own home. Americans still believe that though it is the largest purchase of their life, it still remains the wisest purchase as well. It is not just the wisdom of a good investment... but also a sense of pride of having a home of their own.Researchers tell us early in life this usually becomes a goal Experts also tell us that people plan to spend money on their home within the next year. The figure has risen to almost 70% of home owners seeking to improve their home.
Here are some areas to think about when wanting to improve the value of your home.
* Curb appeal is always important. A new door is a great way to improve the front of the house. It is good to remember steel doors can appear to be wooden doors and they provide a higher level of security.
* Organization is a huge improvement to your home. Take a visit to a organization retailer and look for shoe organizers for closets and other spaces, catch-all organizers in TV room closets will keep games and accessories like X box out of sight. Bins and baskets hide the clutter in the pantry area of the kitchen and inside cabinets. Cabinets organizers can actually make it easier to find items when preparing food. Using these items will create a feeling of spaciousness and cleanliness.
* New technology ...Adding a programmable thermostat adds value and saves you money at the same time. This item will pay for itself in a few short weeks/months. The added convenience of it is a real bonus.
* Replacing outdated cabinet hardware will give a new updated look to the kitchen and bathrooms So easy to change out and economical in the big box retail stores.
* Give a facelift to your bathroom by putting in a new floor. Easy to install yourself but even economical when hiring someone to do for you.
* Update the master bath shower. It is an area that is used each day and you may enjoy a newer more spa-like function and look. There are lots of ideas in home improvement stores for you to choose from. You can change a little at a time or do a complete facelift. It is money well spent!
* Brighten the mud room or entry if it appears dark and in need of a new coat of paint. You can also hang pictures and baskets to lighten the area where friends and family enter your home. Make your guests & family feel welcome with a cheerful decor whether the enter through the front or back door!
As always I am here to help you with suggestions for home improvements that will add more value to your home....
.... "You've got a Friend in Real Estate"
Jarod Tanksley 615.403.8265
Brentview Realty 615.373.2814
Posted on 09/12/2017 8:55 PM by Jarod Tanksley
Many homes have at least some areas of hardwood floors, if not the entire home. The floors become scratched by dogs, children and just plain everyday wear and tear.
A a new trend being seen in some of the older homes lately, is painted hardwood floors. Some of you might be thinking the same thing that I was thinking until I viewed some pictures and saw ideas with color schemes showing how beautiful painted floors can actually be.
Another reason for painting hardwood floors rather than sanding and refinishing is the fact that sanding a floor will thin the surface of the hardwood floor. Occasionally, that brings up the question of how many times can you sand the floors without harming them. A wood floor only has so much floor to sand and truly each time weakens your floor a bit. A picture is worth a thousand words. So let's have a look and see.
In the 1800's many homes had painted floors. The big advantage of paint is the amazing lightening effect it gives your home. Painted floors are very durable and practical. Another factor is the ability to use patterns with paint. Like the one below.
By Roger + Chris
I do think it warrants mentioning that the time frame between painting and refinishing is significant. Depending on the amount of painted surfaces you might have a day of inconvenience but with sanding and refinishing it could be quite a bit longer. The cleanup will also be so much more extensive with sanding and refinishing. It might involve cleaning and dusting of all cupboards and shelving units because of how the dust can seep into even plastic covering. This would also involve washing of all dishes and silverware etc. unless you make the effort to pack and remove them from the area.
I don't know how many of you are willing to try this creative decorating idea but sit down and talk with a professional to get the opinion of someone with a neutral viewpoint and not as emotionally tied to your home and how it looks as you might be. Just give it some thought and decide what it best for you and your family's lifestyle.
Remember....I'm always here to help you!
"You've got a friend in real estate"...
Jarod Tanksley 615.403.8265
Brentview Realty 615.373.2814
Posted on 08/30/2017 6:01 PM by Jarod Tanksley
You may or may not know this fact but it is actually not that hard to get into homes. Many homes have a subpar lock so the risk of being seen breaking
How about the saying THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME. Maybe you have heard HOME IS WHERE YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS. Probably the most famous is HOME IS WHERE
As I drive around our community, I occasionally notice homes that are for sale by the owners (FSBO). I often wonder if these owners know the
It seems like sooner or later, you will experience selling your home and moving into another. While moving can be disruptive for parents, it can be traumatic
Moving day can be filled with anxiety but not if you prepare ahead of time and that includes the much loved family pet. A local move can be much easier
It seems as though history tells us that part of the American dream has been work until you retire and then hopefully at least the winter times
As you begin to plan on the purchase of your next home, you will need to know the cost of selling your present home. It is critical that you know
Purchasing a home now can save you money in a couple of ways. The determination of your mortgage payment is controlled by two factors. The cost of
The summer traveling season is upon us, and that means many people in the Brentwood, Tennessee, area will be out on the road for adventure. Whether your
Unless you are buying and selling homes fairly often, sometimes the process becomes cumbersome and confusing. Let me help you better understand the process. All
It is very important to research what to do to get ready to sell your home. Equally as important is decluttering before putting your home on
Once you find the home you have dreamed of, it is necessary to make your first offer a STRONG one. You don't want any hiccups along the way so
Now is a great time to buy. Rates are still at record lows and the housing market is not showing a trend of slowing down any time soon. Three reasons
The time is finally here for the big move. You find your dream home and it is yours. I am going to try to help you feel more comfortable about all you
It's time to update your home and now the decisions have to be made. What is most important to you and your family? What areas are critical to the
If you are waiting for prices of homes to drop, you will probably be disappointed to learn all real estate reports say prices are going to continue
Spring is traditionally recorded as the highest sales time for home buying. This Spring presents a different scenario . it's not very often that
Mortgage interest rates have found a “new normal” since the Presidential election. We had become accustomed to thirty-year fixed rate mortgages coming